LONDON — Foundry has announced that the company will be hosting a series virtual events throughout the month of April. In the light of Covid-19, Foundry has implemented new ways of interacting with its customers from helping them adapt to remote working, offering access to Foundry software and transitioning all its current events to online. Foundry’s events will feature a mix of speakers from the VFX industry, including compositors, lighting artists and 3D artists.
The following is a list of the different events Foundry will be offering:
- Foundry LIVEstream – a series of talks around projects, pipelines and tools.
- Foundry Webinars – A 30-40 min technical deep dive into Foundry products, workflows and 3rd party tools.
- Foundry Skill-Ups – A 30 min guide to improving your skills as a compositor/lighter/texture artist to get to that next level in your career.
- Foundry Sessions – Special conversations with our customers, sharing insights, tips and tricks.
- Foundry Workflow Wednesdays – 10 min weekly videos posted on social media showing tips and tricks with Nuke from our experts.
Each virtual event will have a 15 minute Q&A. Registration information for all events will be posted on Foundry’s social media channels and Website (www.foundry.com).
The first sessions lined up for April are:
- April 7, 2020 - Foundry Webinar: All-new Nuke 12.1 updates you need to know
Join our Head of Creative Services - APAC, Roy Yang as he reviews the latest features of 12.1 followed by a live Q&A.
- April 9, 2020 - Foundry Session: Alternative methods of income for the creative industry
With most of the VFX industry having to adapt to working from home and with so many film and TV productions being cancelled or delayed, learn what a digital artist can do as an alternative method of income.
- April 14, 2020 - Foundry Skill-Up: Explore what you can do with Katana
Join Arielle Martin, Creative Specialist, to explore Katana, learn how to boost your workflow and get up to speed with new features.
- April 21, 2020 - Foundry Webinar: Leviathan Texture Workflow in Mari
Join Texture Artist Paul H. Paulino as he shares his workflow and how Mari was used to create photorealistic textures for Leviathan Sentinel.
- April 23, 2020 - Foundry Session: How to improve your Nuke workflow with Python scripting
Ben McEwan, Compositing Supervisor at Image Engine Design Inc., will provide tips and tricks on how Python scripting can improve your workflow.
- April 28, 2020 - Foundry Skill Up: Becoming a Senior Compositor
Looking to improve your Nuke skills and advance your career? Join our skill-up for insight on how to become a Senior Compositor.