HOLLYWOOD — The Hollywood Post Alliance is seeking entries for the 6th Annual HPA Awards (www.hpaawards.net), which will take place at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles on November 10, 2011.
The HPA Awards were created to foster awareness of post production, promote creative and technical excellence, recognize the achievements of post production talent, and build involvement in the Hollywood Post Alliance.
The list of categories is as follows:
- Outstanding Color Grading using a DI process-Feature Film
- Outstanding Color Grading-Television
- Outstanding Color Grading-Commercial
- Outstanding Editing-Feature Film
- Outstanding Editing-Television
- Outstanding Editing-Commercial
- Outstanding Sound-Feature Film
- Outstanding Sound-Television
- Outstanding Sound-Commercial
- Outstanding Compositing-Feature Film
- Outstanding Compositing-Television
- Outstanding Compositing-Commercial
- Engineering Excellence
The period of eligibility for submission is September 8, 2010 through September 6, 2011. Work may have debuted domestically or internationally. Entrants need not be members of the Hollywood Post Alliance or working in the US to submit work for consideration.
Nominees and winners will be selected by judging panels that are drawn from professionals in production and post production. Deadline for submissions in the creative categories is July 29. Submissions for the Engineering Excellence Award will be accepted through July 1.