MARINA DEL REY, CA — The 2012 VES Summit recently shined a spotlight on the intersection between creative content and the business bottom line with a focus on how social media impacts decision making on all levels.
Held on October 13 at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Marina Del Rey, the 2012 VES Summit targets leading creatives and decision makers in our industry. This year's event included the popular Breakfast Round Tables and a number of other sessions.
Guest speakers included:
· George Whitesides (CEO, Virgin Galactic) – Keynote
· Sean Carroll (Senior Research Associate in Physics, California Institute of Technology) – Keynote
· Albert Cheng (EVP & Chief Product Officer, Digital Media, Disney/ABC Television Group) – Featured Speaker
· Scott Ross (Co-Founder, Former CEO Digital Domain)
· Jim Morris (GM and Executive Vice President of Production, Pixar Animation Studios)
· Mary Ann Hughes (Vice President, Film and Television Production Planning, The Walt Disney Company)
· Sam Nicholson (CEO, VFX Supervisor, Stargate Studios)
· Andrew Orloff (Founder, Creative Director, VFX Supervisor Zoic Studios)
· Bill Lischak (COO, OddLot Entertainment)
· Mat Beck, ASC (VFX Supervisor, Director, DP, President Entity FX)
Find out more about the VES by visiting their Website (www.visualeffectssociety.com).