NAB 2013: Matrox at NAB with 4K output card for developers
LAS VEGAS — Matrox Video (www.matrox.com) is at NAB with an addition to its Matrox DSX Developer Products family — the Matrox DSX LE3 4K card. Matrox DSX LE3 4K enables realtime monitoring and output of video footage at resolutions up to 4096x2160 at frame rates up to 60fps.
This new 4K output card, in conjunction with the Matrox DSX Software Development Kit and 4K codec support for ProRes and XAVC, lets equipment manufacturers create graphics systems, editing solutions and playout servers in native 4K resolutions. Matrox DSX LE3 4K is available to developers now.
At the NAB 2013, Vizrt will preview the breakthrough 4K rendering capability of its Viz Engine using the Matrox DSX LE3 4K card. "Matrox has been a partner we could count on for many years now," says Gerhard Lang, chief engineering officer at Vizrt. "And now that broadcasters are beginning to look beyond HD to 4K, we expected nothing less from Matrox than to deliver a quality 4K card at the perfect time to allow us to demonstrate the breathtaking content created by the full 4K rendering power of our Viz Engine."
Says Alberto Cieri, senior director of sales and marketing, Matrox. "With the launch of Matrox DSX LE3 4K, we are the first hardware vendor to provide everything needed for full 4K broadcast workflow solutions including ingest, editing, graphics insertion and playout."
Key features of Matrox DSX LE3 4K
- 4K (4096 x 2160), QFHD (3840x2160), 2K (2048x1080), HD and SD output resolutions
- 60fps frame rate support, even at 4K resolutions
- Provides full 4K output to drive a Sony PVM-X300 reference monitor
- Can take advantage of the integrated NVIDIA GPUDirect SDK to offer low latency and high throughput data transfers at 4K resolution with the Nvidia Quadro GPU series
- SD, HD and 3G-SDI connectivity per SMPTE 259, 292 and 424/425M Level A and Level B mapping
- 8- and 10-bit YUV output at all resolutions and frames rates
- 16 channels of SDI embedded audio support
- Bi-level and tri-level genlock input
- Five full-size BNC connectors directly on the card bracket
- Support for 4K ProRes and XAVC software codecs
- Extensive native codec support in HD and SD