INDIAN WELLS, CA — The Hollywood Post Alliance (www.hpaonline.com) has announced the final schedule for the 2015 HPA Tech Retreat, which is set to take place February 9th through the 13th at the Hyatt Regency in Indian Wells, CA. The Tech Retreat is a relaxed yet focused gathering where engineering, technology and strategic business leaders join creative talent to explore and debate the most compelling topics facing the media and entertainment industry today. The event offers four days of sessions, demonstrations and events.
More than 45 sessions, 75 breakfast roundtables and 100 speakers make up the conference program. In addition, 30 new technologies are slated to debut in the event's demo room.
"As we enter our 21st year, the Tech Retreat continues to be one of those events you can't afford to miss,” says Leon Silverman, president of the HPA. “The mix of topics, technology and top industry minds makes this event a yearly check-in with industry gurus and deep thinkers that seem to gather at the HPA every year in the desert. Making the pilgrimage to the HPA Tech Retreat seems to provide so many of us with a check on the pulse of the entire industry."
Highlights of the 2015 HPA Tech Retreat include:
- The HPA Supersession - A full day of sessions focused on a shifting industry
- Keynote – Not Your Father’s Post
- Cyber and Content Security: Time for a Strategy Change
- Sensory Stimulation
- Next Generation of Cinema: New Technologies and Techniques: What they Mean for Filmmakers
- Understanding the New Acquisition
- From Snowflakes to Standards: Maintaining Creative Intent in Evolutionary Times
- Drones for Dummies
- The Annual Broadcasters Update
- Personalized and Immersive Sound
- DDP and IMF
- The Cloud Demystified
- Utilizing Fingerprinting Technology for Shot Matching
- Enhancing the Creative Palette
- Automatic Content Recognition
The following is a partial list of speakers:
- Wendy Aylsworth, Warner Bros.
- Bill Bennett, ASC
- Stephen Beres, HBO
- Sara-Duran Singer, Netflix
- John Fithian, National Association of Theater Owners
- Barbara Lange, SMPTE
- Carolina Lavatelli, Internet of Trust
- Pete Ludé, Real D
- Theresa Miller, Lionsgate
- Loren Nielsen, Entertainment Technology Consultants
- Daryn Okada, ASC
- Vikram Phatak, NSS Labs
- Bob Seidel, CBS
- Skip Pizzi, NAB
- Andy Shenkler, Sony DADC New Media Solutions
- Leon Silverman, HPA
- Masayuki Sugawara, NHK
- Larry Thorpe, Canon
- Mario Vecchi, PBS
- Erik Weaver, Entertainment Technology Center at USC
The HPA Tech Retreat is a limited attendance event, so registration in recommended. Pre-conference registration closes Monday, February 2nd, after which time only on-site registrations will be accepted. Full-conference as well as one-day registrations are available.