BOSTON — Boris FX has introduced Sapphire 10 Units, a collection of the company’s high-end VFX plug-ins, which are being offered in eight separate categories. The tools now come in at a lower price point, making them more accessible to individual artists, editors and compositors.
Sapphire 10 Units support Adobe After Effects CC & Premiere Pro CC, Avid Media Composer, Blackmagic Design’s DaVinci Resolve, The Foundry’s Nuke, and other supported OFX hosts.
“We’re excited to offer Sapphire’s award-winning effects and features as individual Sapphire 10 Units,” states Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder of Boris FX. “Sapphire artists and editors have asked for a more affordable solution — we’re delivering. Aimed at individual VFX artists, Sapphire 10 Units are the perfect add-on for post and VFX professionals who want to stay competitive in the high-end film and TV job market, but only need access to a few select tools from the entire collection.”
The following is a lost of the Sapphire 10 Units that are now available:
- Adjust: All the basic tools needed for advanced color correction.
- Blur: Create fast and realistic in-camera blurs and defocus along with host of tools for sharpening images.
- Distort: Create powerful lens distortion effects, in-camera shake effects & chromatic aberrations.
- Lighting: Flawlessly simulate natural and synthetic lights.
- Render: Enhance projects with textures, gradients, cloud, sky, and lightning effects.
- Stylize: Build color grades, damage looks, and other high-quality video treatments.
- Time: Slow down or speed up time with the Sapphire Optical Flow Retimer and more time-based effects.
- Transitions: The industry’s best transitions with countless presets.
Units are available with node-locked license only and require access to the Internet. Pricing ranges from
$195 to $595.