Filmsupply and Musicbed have announced the “2017 Filmsupply Challenge,” a free competition that gives editors a chance to win one of eight prize packages totaling $50,000.
The contest requires to participants to submit an edit that falls into one of three categories: Ad Spec, Trailer or Title Sequence. All competitors get free access to the Filmsupply
libraries. They are required to use between five and 40 Filmsupply clips, and between one and five Musicbed songs. Submissions can’t be any longer than :60.
The competition will award eight different winners, including Best Overall, three Category Awards and four Technical Awards.
- Category Awards: Best Ad Spec, Best Trailer, Best Title Sequence
- Technical Awards: Best Sound Design, Best VFX, Best Color, Best Concept
Filmmakers can download the free Filmsupply Challenge Starter Kit today and begin making their submission. The deadline for entry is November 1st. Winners will be announced on November 14th on the Filmsupply and Musicbed blogs.
The panel of judges is made up of professionals from throughout the film and advertising communities:
- Jennifer Lilly, editor for Master of None
- Dee Allen, Group Color Director, The Mill
- Rama Allen, Executive Creative Director, The Mill
- Calvin Pia, Sound Designer/Mixer, One Thousand Birds
- Fabio Costa, Executive Creative Director, Saatchi & Saatchi
- Jet Omoshebi, Senior Colourist, Goldcrest
- Urs Furrer, VFX Supervisor/Lead Flame Artist, A52
Prizes for the 2017 Filmsupply Challenge range from gear to software to industry leading tools for editors. This includes a one-year subscription to Frame.io Business, a Blackmagic Resolve Micro Panel, a 4K LED reference display, a one-year subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud, and a pass to Film + Music Conference 2018.
The Best Overall award winner, along with the three category winners, will be featured in Post magazine, and on its Website, postmagazine.com.
Musicbed and Filmsupply exist to deliver relevant music and world-class footage to top filmmakers, brands and agencies around the world. Headquartered in Fort Worth, TX, the sites have served more than 170,000 customers, including entertainment powerhouses like Sony Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Lionsgate, Netflix, MTV, CBS, Fox, and ESPN, as well as the world's top brands like Nike, Samsung, Google, Nikon, Xbox, Lexus, Lamborghini, Verizon and The Home Depot. Learn more at www.musicbed.com