FORT WORTH, TX — Post is proud to support Filmsupply Edit Fest, a new contest that encourages editors to submit work created using footage from Filmsupply.com. Participants have 30 days to create a :60 video using footage from Filmsupply in one of three categories: Advertisement, Movie Trailer or Title Sequence. Winners will split $80K in cash and prizes. In additon,
Post will highlight the winning work on our Website and in our magazine.
The contest runs from September 10th to October 10th. To enter, visit the contest site: http://editfest.filmsupply.com
. Beyond the unrestricted access to the Filmsupply library of footage, participants will also have the ability to use music from Musicbed and sound effects from the Boom Library. At least 50 percent of submissions should content material from the Filmsupply library.
Judges will provide personalized feedback to grand prize winners. The list of judges signed on include:
- Scott Mitsui - Creative director for movie trailers at Mark Woollen & Associates (The Social Network, The Revenant)
- Patrick Clair - Creative director for title sequences at Antibody (True Detective, Westworld)
- Sherina Florence - Creative director at Ogilvy (Apple, Beats by Dre)
- Victor Jory - Head of editorial at The Mill (True Detective, Lexus RX)
- Dallas Taylor - Founder/CEO of Defacto Sound (Fallout 4, Game of Thrones)
- Joyce Chen - Head of production at Facebook (Community, Get Together)
- John Likens - Creative director for title sequences at Method Studios (Deadpool 2, The Night Of)
- Jessica Fox - Creative director for movie trailers at Mark Woollen & Associates (Roma, The Shape of Water)
- Rodrigo Valdes - Director at The Maestros (Toyota, PETA)
- Dorian & Daniel - Directors at Academy Films (Johnnie Walker, Volvo)
Submissions will be graded on concept, rhythm, emotion and sound. After the judges review the work, Filmsupply will announce winners for Best Title Sequence, Best Advertisement, Best Movie Trailer and People’s Choice.
Prizes include $15,000 cash, $65,000 in sponsored prizes, a $500 B&H gift card, in addition to the judges’ feedback and coverage in Post.