|Issue: SIGGRAPH 2008 - Day 1
NEWTEK PRESENTATIONS HIGHLIGHT USERS' WORK
|SAN ANTONIO, TX - NewTek (www.newtek.com) is hosting several of its LightWave 3D users at this week’s SIGGRAPH show, all of whom are taking turns discussing their work – be it for films, television programs, commercials or games - at the company’s booth (#159).
LightWave 3D combines a photo-realistic renderer with intuitive and powerful modeling and animation tools. The company stresses its integration capabilities with other animation and compositing tools, as well as LightWave’s inclusion of tools for hair, fur and cloth simulation – features that can cost extra with other applications. LightWave also includes unlimited render nodes and both hard- and soft-body dynamics.
Presenters scheduled to appear at the NewTek booth throughout the show include:
- Michael Blackbourn, lead 3D artist, The Embassy Visual Effects, Iron Man.
- Jason McKinley, owner/EP and Matt Zeyn, lead animator/VFX supervisor, Radical 3D, television programs Animal Armageddon and Dog Fights.
- Dane Smith, producer, and Aristomenis Tsirbas, director, MeniThings, animated feature Terra.
- Dan Ablan, president, AGA Digital Studios, Inc., commercial project for United Airlines.
- Eric Durst, principal, and Kevin Cahill, principal, Luminetik, feature film Kuriosity and a videogame.
- Dustin Adair, animation lead, Radical 3D, animated short We Were Centurions and the video game Bad Bad Bots.
NewTek is currently at V.9 of LightWave ($895) and will offer V.9.5 as a free upgrade to registered V.9 users. Registered owners of LightWave V.8 or earlier can upgrade to V.9 for $395.