CULVER CITY, CA — Access:VFX will host a free networking event & panel on May 9th at Framestore in Culver City. The event will include pros from The Mill, Framestore and MakeMake, who will discuss the challenges facing VFX artists and studios, as well as how to build a VFX career, and how to upskill during down time.
The “Strategies for Success in the VFX Industry” event will take place from 6:30pm to 9:00pm. Participants will include:
- Andy Wilkoff, VFX supervisor and head of 3D at MakeMake
- Becky Porter, creative director at The Mill
- Eric Kimelton, head of production / executive producer of features at Digital Domain
- Michel Waxman, executive producer at Framestore Pictures
- Kate Berry, executive producer at Elastic
Framestore’s operation manager Alissa Nunley will moderate the event. Framestore is located at 8616 National Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232.