FORT WORTH, TX — Filmsupply is once again hosting Edit Fest, a competition that celebrates the power and craft of editing. Participants will compete for $50,000 in cash prizes, an editing credit on an official music video and personal feedback from an esteemed panel of judges.
This year’s competition centers around storytelling through a music video. Editors will have a number of tools at their disposal, including footage from an original shoot by director Alex Cook, access to clips from Filmsupply’s catalogue of directors, and the song “Don’t” by Musicbed artist, Calica. Using these assets, editors are being challenged to cut an original music video. The top prize for “Best Edit” will earn credit as the song’s official editor and $10,000.
Edit Fest submissions are open through October 8th. Twenty-five finalists will be published on the Edit Fest website, and beginning October 13th, fans can vote for the People’s Choice winner. Winners from each category will be announced on October 27th. A panel of industry-pros will judge the competition and select the three grand-prize winners in the categories of Best Edit, Best VFX and Best Color.
The following is a list of judges:
- Anke Petersen - Founder and executive producer at Jyoti Film (Lift Like A Girl, Les Enfants Terribles)
- Chris Franklin - AICP Post Awards Chair, founder of Big Sky Edit (Oscar-nominated Saria, Tribeca 2020 Official selection)
- Roslyn Di Sisto - Senior colorist at Darling VFX (Drake, Black Eyed Peas, Vogue)
- Emily Stave - VFX producer at Elastic
- Javier Alejandro - Executive producer (Dua Lipa, A$AP Rocky, Nike)
- Rayka Zehtabchi - Brand content director (Oscar-winner - Period. End of Sentence, A Women’s Place)
- Sherina Florence - GCD at 72andSunny
- Alex Cook - Director & Filmsupply filmmaker
Submissions will be graded on craft, rhythm, storytelling and creativity. Awards include:
- $10,000-Best Edit
- $5,000-Best VFX
- $5,000-Best Color
- $5,000-People’s Choice
- $1,000 to each of the 25 finalists.
Winners will receive personal, written feedback from the judges, as well as automatic admittance into the 2022 AICP Post Awards. To participate in the competition, visit: editfest.filmsupply.com.