BURLINGTON, MA — At NAB, Avid (www.avid.com) will offer customer presentations as well as make several new product announcements. The company’s live press event and streaming webcast will take place on Sunday, April 15 at 4:00pm PST. A live online Q&A session with Avid subject matter experts will immediately follow the webcast.
At the company’s booth, Avid will showcase integrated news, sports, and TV production workflow. The company will also feature demonstrations of its creative tools, including Symphony 6, Media Composer 6, Pro Tools 10, Avid DS, ICON, and System 5 mixing consoles for broadcast and post production. As many as 60 partner booths will also showcase Avid solutions.
Guests set to speak on Avid’s main stage include:
- Morgan Spurlock (Comic-Con Episode Four: A Fan’s Hope, Failure Club, The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, A Day in the Life, Super Size Me)
- Eddie Hamilton (X-Men: First Class, Kick-Ass, Resident Evil: Apocalypse)
- BellMedia, Matthew Sherman and Michael Nunan
- Discovery, Randall Rikes
- Person of Interest, Scott Weber and Keith Rogers from the Audio Team; and Joshua Levey, associate producer, and Ryan Malanaphy, assistant editor from the Picture Editorial Team
- San Francisco Giants, Paul Hodges, Brad Martens, Chris Gargano
Avid and the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus (www.lennonbus.org) will come together outside the NAB Central Hall 5 entrance, offering public tours on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday of the mobile studio that visits schools, festivals and industry events all over the US. Documentary filmmaker Morgan Spurlock will be on board for a live stream event on April 17 at 5pm PST. The bus is outfitted with Avid’s latest audio and video offerings, including Media Composer 6, Pro Tools 10 and the new Pro Tools|HDX System.